Dissimilarities Of Tour Operators And Travel Brokers
Tour Operators & journey Brokers are different in Malaysia! And the public have had the wrong perception for long time. In Malaysia, Tour Operators and Vacation Brokers are different and play different roles. In a factory scenario, a Tour Operator is like the production department and the Journey Agent is like Flights from Manchester…
A Tour Operator is the organizer and provider of package holidays. It is often referred as the Ground Handler. The Tour Company will make contracts with hotels and resorts, airlines and ground transport companies like private cars, buses, vans, ferries and trains & etc. With all the necessary pricing and information compiled, the Tour Operator will draft detailed tour packages and distribute to Journey Brokers in Vacation Agent Directory in Malaysia and even overseas.
The roles & responsibilities of a Tour Operator are booking and arranging:
– Transportation: Chaffered Car, Chartered Bus & Van, Air Ticket, Train Ticket, Ferry Ticket, Cruise Ticket, other transit modes and even special vehicles like trishaw.
– Tour Guide: All Tour Guides must be licensed by the Ministry of Tourism Malaysia after attending and examined in a professional Tourist Guide Courses.
– Sight Seeing: Entrance for tourist destinations, eco-tour, adventures tour, jungle trekking, snorkeling & scuba diving, island hopping and even handicraft or cultural & living experiences.
– Food & Beverage: Breakfast, Tea Time or Tea Break, Lunch & Dinner, whether by set, buffet or packed food.
– Accommodation: Hotels, Resorts, Service Apartments, Camping Sites, Dormitories, Training Camps, Chalets, Tree Houses or traditional houses & habitats that accommodating travelers.
– Activities: Tele-match, treasure hunt, paint ball, team building, outside office meeting…
– Special Events: Company dinner, karaoke contest.
On the other hand, Journey Agents do not operate tours. Travel agencies gives traveling advices to travelers, promote and sell the tour packages that they have from various Tour Operators, then administer the tour bookings. Journey Brokers usually are set up in prime locations with heavy traffic such as beside the main roads, inside crowed shopping malls or at the ground floor of a landmark building.